- Dogs are not allowed on any part of the boardwalk at any time.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Boardwalk Business District April 1st-September 30th (this includes all areas between Canal Drive and the Boardwalk just past the Hampton Inn)
MUNICIPAL BEACH STRAND REGULATIONS:
- All dogs are required to be on a leash at all times.
- April 1st through September 30th, dogs are allowed on the beach during restricted hours BEFORE 9:00 a.m. and AFTER 5:00 p.m. Dogs are not allowed on the beach between 9AM-5PM.
- October 1st through March 31st, dogs are allowed on the beach during all hours.
- You must have on your person at all times, a plastic or paper container that can be used to clean up and contain dog waste until it can be disposed of in an appropriate container. This container must be produced and shown, upon request, to anyone authorized to enforce this ordinance.
FREEMAN PARK REGULATIONS
- Dogs are required to be on a leash from April 1st to September 30th.
- From October 1st to March 31, dogs are allowed off a leash so long as they remain under voice command and the owner is within a reasonable distance from the pet.
Violations of these regulations will result in issuance of a $250 fine/citation.
If you have questions, please contact the Carolina Beach Police Department at 458-2540.