FREEMAN PARK INFORMATION
FREEMAN PARK ANNUAL PERMIT SALES/CAMPING CHANGES
2020 ANNUAL PERMITS
2020 Freeman Park annual permits are now on sale. Purchases in person made be made at the following locations
Carolina Beach Town Hall
1121 N. Lake Park Blvd.
Carolina Beach Parking Office
1708 Canal Dr.
801 N. Lake Park Blvd.
Purchases made in person between December 9, 2019 - January 31, 2020 will be eligible for the discount price of $100. All online purchases will be charged the full price of $200.
OVERNIGHT CAMPING CHANGES
Effective January 1, 2020, the following changes will take effect related to overnight camping in Freeman Park:
- Overnight camping will only be allowed Labor Day through the Thursday before Memorial Day. No overnight camping be allowed the Friday before Memorial Day through the Sunday before Labor Day.
- Overnight camping will only be allowed in designated, reserved camp sites.
- Overnight camping will cost $50 per night
FREEMAN PARK-ACCESS UPDATES
Unfortunately, the effects of tides and erosion still exist, and the northern areas of Freeman Park remain closed to all vehicular traffic. Intermittent closures could still be possible based on limited beach area and level of patron use. Public safety staff will perform assessments regularly to determine when additional sections of the park can safely be opened, or if additional closures are required.
OVERNIGHT VISITING & CAMPING REGULATIONS
MANAGED BY THE TOWN OF CAROLINA BEACH AND LANIER PARKING
Residents and visitors have long enjoyed the beach area now known as Freeman Park. In fact, the area has become one of Carolina Beach's major attractions. Whether coming to the area to swim, camp, fish, or go boating, crabbing or casting for minnows, people love Freeman Park. Visitors are drawn to the beautiful beach with its variety of wildlife, dunes and majestic sea grasses indigenous to the region.
VISITING THE PARK
PACK IN, PACK OUT
Freeman Park is a Trash Free park. Blue trash cans are provided along the beach strand to encourage visitors to pick up trash when it is seen and help us keep the beach clean. All visitors are expected to carry out the refuse they generate and dispose of it properly at home or at another appropriate destination. In order to help visitors to remove their refuse the Town of Carolina Beach Freeman Park Attendants will hand out free trash bags at the entrance to the park and throughout the camping area. By encouraging all visitors to bring out what they bring in we are helping to maintain the beach, protect the environmental resources; including birds, fish and turtles, reduce solid waste in the park, and embracing the ideas of reduce, reuse, and recycle. We all must working together to address trash and littler in Freeman Park to ensure its sustainability for years to come.
We hope all visitors will plan ahead but trash bags are available from the entrance gate attendant and campground staff. If unable to remove trash bags from the park we ask that they be placed in the blue trash cans, not beside them, or deposited into the trash trailers located on the sand at the exit of the park. Please speak with a park attendant if you have any questions or need any additional information.
- Littering of any kind is strictly forbidden in Freeman Park. This includes cigarette butts, fishing tackle, campfire remains, and other trash.
- DO NOT LEAVE ANY TRASH ON THE BEACH. All litter must be taken from the park or discarded in public receptacles. Burning trash or debris is strictly prohibited and will result in fines.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
- Wastewater from self-contained vehicles must be kept in a holding tank and may not be emptied while at Freeman Park.
Follow these links for additional information about visiting Freeman Park:
- Freeman Park Access Passes
- Freeman Park Regulations
- Freeman Park Camping
- Freeman Park Horseback Riding
QUESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact:
The Town of Carolina Beach Parking Office
1708 Canal Dr.
Carolina Beach, NC 28428